- 3 small yellow-orange tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded & diced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 small loaf italian bread or sourdough, insides removed and crust torn into small pcs
- place above ingredients in a blender, including the ripped crusts.
- pour enough water in blender to fill a little less than half way up. Mine took about 1 + 1/4 cups.
- purée until smooth.
- refrigerate until cool. serve cold.
*note: this recipe comes from my Tía Maria, born + raised in Seville, Spain. most American recipes I've seen don't use bread in the blender, so feel free to leave it out if you are gluten-free, or try crusts from a gluten-free loaf and let me know how it is! you can play a lot with the ingredients, adding + subtracting per your tastebuds' preferences. gazpacho is one of those dishes that is pretty forgiving. enjoy!